It hardly seems worth putting up plans for hikes for the coming weekend, after the recent run of bad weather – it doesn’t look especially good for next weekend either – but we live in hope that we’ll have a dry weekend between now and Christmas…. Last Saturday six of us had a great time clambering over the rocky Filial Son Peak area in Pingxi. This was instead of the intended hike, so this means the Stone Bamboo Shoot has been postponed for the – third? fourth? time.
Saturday the plan is to try once again for Stone Bamboo Shoot and Shulung Point.. This is a moderately tough one, so please be sure you’re OK for something a little rough if you decide to come. If the weather holds, I’m hoping to follow it by doing the remaining Pingxi Three Peak (Fengtou Point). This is just a plan, as this last one is the toughest of the three to climb, and we’ll have to see if the weather and energy levels hold up.
Hoping to do something on Sunday as well if the weather holds up, but we’ll see what the forecast is saying before making any firm plans about that.
Keeping everything crossed for the weekend.